- 1 medium eggplant (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 4 medium tomatoes, cubed (3-1/2 to 4 cups)
- 3 hard cooked eggs, cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup prepared French salad dressing
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cut eggplant in half lengthwise. Place with cut side down in a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until tender. Cool, peel and cut the eggplant into 1/2-in. cubes; place in a large salad bowl. Add tomatoes, eggs and onion. Add dressing, salt and pepper; toss. Cover and chill 1 hour before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forEggplant Salad
"This recipe always generates a lot of comments when I serve it. People who say they never liked eggplant before like this. I often sprinkle croutons on the individual servings."