Eggplant in Tomato Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium eggplant
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cut eggplant lengthwise into 1/2-in. thick slices. Place on a broiler pan. Brush with butter; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the tomato sauce and garlic powder. Drizzle over eggplant. Sprinkle with cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 50 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 161mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Sep 12, 2013
Sep 5, 2010
This is such an easy way to fix up eggplant and fast. I used spagetti sauce instead, and I also sprinkled the eggplant with garlic powder and itailian seasoning. I olny used half of the parmesan, but I also spinked it with motzerella. It is simple, but very good, and will definately be making it again.