I'm now a professional chef, but I loved making this recipe for the family on Friday nights as a home cook. We like to shake pizza up with unique, fresh toppings. —Christine Wendland, Browns Mills, New Jersey
Featured In: Our Favorite Eggplant Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2-1/2 cups cubed eggplant (1/2 inch)
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 naan flatbreads
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup roasted garlic tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Sliced fresh basil, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat; saute eggplant and onion with salt and pepper until eggplant begins to soften, 4-5 minutes. Stir in garlic; remove from heat.
- Place naan on a baking sheet. Spread with ricotta cheese; sprinkle with oregano. Spread with tomato sauce. Top with eggplant mixture and whole basil leaves. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses; drizzle with remaining oil.
- Bake until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted, 12-15 minutes. If desired, top with sliced basil. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Eggplant Flatbread Pizzas in Simple & Delicious June/July 2017
Reviews forEggplant Flatbread Pizzas
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 22, 2017
"easy to make and very tasty. Nice vegetarian alternative to switch up pizza night."