- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1 cup eggnog*
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- CUSTARD SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whipping cream, whipped
- In a mixing bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Beat on low until moistened, scraping bowl occasionally. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into a greased and floured 12-cup fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes; invert onto a wire rack. Remove from pan; cool completely. For sauce, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt in a saucepan; gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly. Blend a small amount into egg yolk. Return all to the pan; mix well. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Cool for 15 minutes. Fold in whipped cream. Store in the refrigerator. Serve with the cake. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Reviews forEggnog Poundcake with Custard Sauce
"Very moist and delicious."
"I got compliments on this, but it didn't brown evenly like in the picture?"
"I made this cake last year and it turned out wonderful and delicious. When I made it this year it fell. Not sure why, everything is the same...same oven, indgredients etc. Any ideas?"
"this cake was delicious. The sauce was awesome. I have requests for more."