- 2 packages (3 ounces each) ladyfingers, split
- 1 pint raspberry or cranberry sorbet
- 3 cups eggnog
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- Fresh raspberries or cranberries and fresh mint leaves
- Arrange 24 ladyfingers around the edge of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan; arrange 16 ladyfingers over the bottom (save remaining ladyfingers for another use). Spoon sorbet over ladyfingers; cover and freeze for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggnog, evaporated milk, sour cream and pudding mix for 2 minutes or until thickened. Spoon over sorbet. Cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight. Remove from the freezer 5-10 minutes before slicing. Garnish with raspberries and mint. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forEggnog Ladyfinger Dessert
"This came out very oddly for us. The sorbet absorbed into the ladyfingers despite being applied while frozen. Thus the ladyfinger bottom crust was soggy. The eggnog mixture froze grainy and crystallized and not smooth like we expected. We had to let it thaw upwards of 30 min to be able to slice it. We did enjoy the flavor and the combination of flavors with the sorbet but the textures were unpleasant."
"Light and delicious. I couldn't find any lady fingers at the store near me so I made my own.It disappeared in a hurry."
"No adjustment necessary. Superb presentation with superb taste. Judewoman"
"This looks really good."