- 8 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 2 cups eggnog
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla or rum extract
- 24 slices English muffin bread
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- Maple syrup
- In a bowl, beat eggs, eggnog, sugar and extract; soak bread for 2 minutes per side. Cook on a greased hot griddle until golden brown on both sides and cooked through. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Serve with syrup. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forEggnog French Toast
"This is an excellent Christmas French toast recipe. I was a little hesitant trying It because of the English Muffins. But it was really good and simple to put together in the morning."
"Delicious! I used french bread instead and opted for the rum extract. I really think the rum extract made it even more amazing. I cut the egg mixture into 1/4 and was about to make about 6 slices of the french bread, perfect for my husband and I. I also used light egg nog. I can't wait to make this again!!!"
"Sinful! Don't forget the nutmeg! And use real maple syrup!"
"I do every thing but bathe in eggnog during the holiday season so you can imagine how much I love this and it can be tweaked , as only eggnog can,"
"I love eggnog and I will try with my family"
"I served this to my grandkids and now they want it all the time - love this"
"Fixed this for brunch this morning and hubby and I thought it was great. I halved the recipe since it was just the two of us. I used thick slices of french bread and it worked well. Love the eggnog flavor."
"I could not even taste the eggnog in them. You might as well just use a regular recipe and add nutmeg and cinnamon"