Eggnog Creme Brulee Recipe
Eggnog, nutmeg and rum give the velvety texture of this brulee its holiday appeal. The caramelize brown sugar crust just add the final yum factor to this creation.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups eggnog
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 8 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons spiced rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. In a large saucepan, combine eggnog, cream, egg yolks and 1/3 cup sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160° or is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Remove from heat; stir in rum, vanilla and nutmeg.
- 2. Transfer to ten 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Place cups in a baking pan; add 1 in. of boiling water to pan. Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until centers are just set (mixture will jiggle). Remove ramekins from water bath; cool 10 minutes. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and remaining sugar. If using a creme brulee torch, sprinkle custards with sugar mixture. Heat sugar with the torch until caramelized. Serve immediately.
- 4. If broiling the custards, place ramekins on a baking sheet; let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar mixture. Broil 8 in. from the heat 4-7 minutes or until sugar is caramelized. Refrigerate 1-2 hours or until firm. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving: 335 calories, 25g fat (15g saturated fat), 259mg cholesterol, 54mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Eggnog Creme Brulee
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC