If you want to receive rave reviews and recipe requests, combine two Christmas classics: eggnog and cream puffs. When it comes to Santa, this one recipe goes on the "nice" list! —Kristen Heigl, Staten Island, New York
Featured In: 32 Holiday Recipes to Make with Eggnog
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 large eggs
- WHIPPED CREAM:
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup eggnog
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large saucepan, bring water, butter and salt to a rolling boil. Add flour all at once and nutmeg and stir until blended. Cook over medium heat, stirring vigorously until mixture pulls away from sides of pan. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition until smooth. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 1 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake 30-35 minutes or until puffed, very firm and golden brown. Pierce sides of each puff with tip of a knife. Cool on wire racks. Cut top third off each puff.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar, eggnog, vanilla and nutmeg; beat until soft peaks form. Fill cream puffs with whipped cream just before serving; replace tops. Dust with additional confectioners' sugar. Serve immediately. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Eggnog Cream Puffs in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2016, p36