Eggnog Cream Pie
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (5.1 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups eggnog
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Additional whipped cream and ground nutmeg, optional
- In a saucepan, combine the pudding mix, nutmeg and eggnog. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Cool.
- Fold in whipped cream. Pour into crust. Garnish with whipped cream and nutmeg if desired.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with commercially prepared eggnog.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 455 calories, 33g fat (19g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 259mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Apr 17, 2008
you could also substitue a regular or chocolate graham cracker crust for a different twist.1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs3 tablespoons sugar1/3 cup stick margarine, meltedIn a bowl, combine cracker crumbs and 3 tablespoons sugar. Stir in margarine. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Then follow recipe for filling.