- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup eggnog
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- Whipped cream and ground nutmeg, optional
- Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom of pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and flour until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Gradually stir in the eggnog, extract and nutmeg. Pour filling over crust.
- Place in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 325° for 45-50 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. If desired, top with whipped cream, then sprinkle with nutmeg. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews forEggnog Cheesecake
"Cheesecake was very creamy and flavorful! Used gingersnap cookie crumbs instead of graham crackers."
"Great cheesecake. So different than I'm used to making, but surprisingly excellent. Like others have said it took longer to cook. Marilou... place the foil wrapped cake pan in a larger pan. Add water to the larger pan. I understand the confusion. The directions were a little confusing."
"Don't understand the instructions for the water bath, very confusiong, two pans of 1"of water? not clear to me."
"Made exactly as stated but substituted 2 1/2t. light rum for the extract. My cheesecake was cooked through at 50 minutes. I was disappointed at how shallow this cake was when I removed the sides of the pan so I whipped some heavy cream and piped it around the top edge to give it additional height. The cheesecake was silky, creamy & rich & disappeared quickly. I did have trouble with the crust sticking to the nonstick pan even though I had buttered it before putting the graham cracker mixture in."
"This cheesecake is wonderful! I omitted the rum extract (simply because I didn't have any). I also used up some extra spice cookies instead of the graham cracker crust. But the filling was so delicious, I could eat it on any kind of crust! I did a steam bath instead of water bath so I didn't have to wrap the pan. Cooked it just over an hour, and it came out perfect! I plan on making this a yearly tradition. Next time I want to try it with homemade eggnog. Yum!"
"I know you love your cheesecake and this is one of the prettiest ones you?ve ever made! So festive for the holidays! Pinned! Cranberries AND eggnog?genius! i would like to share this on my personal blog http://oxter.in with my family friends & social Friends !!"
"This a very tasty cheesecake!! I enjoy eggnog, but can't always get away with it all, so having a recipe to use it in is great. Prepared this as written and it was perfect!"
"This recipe is so good! I made it on Thanksgiving for my family. They loved it so much they requested it again for Christmas! I did not use a water bath or double thickness of foil. I baked it a 350 for 15 minutes and then turned the oven down to 215 and finished baking for an hour and a half (until is was set). It turned out beautiful!"
"This was an awesome Christmas recipe! It tastes great, I like how it doesn't have such a strong eggnog taste, because I am not to crazy for eggnog even though I will drink it around Christmas time. It looks so beautiful when you pop it out, I've never used my springform pans before, and they make a sharp look. I wish I had a nice garnish for it though. It reminds me of when I make flan because even though I was told only an hour, I still bake it for a solid 30 minutes longer than the recipes call for. Great for the Holidays! :)"