Recipe provided by Eggland's Best®
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 Eggland's Best eggs, beaten
- 10 ounces bulk sausage
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup minced chives, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Additional sour cream, optional
- Scrub potatoes; pierce several times with a fork. Place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 15-17 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter until over medium-high heat. Add the eggs; cook and stir until set. Remove and set aside. In the same skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut each in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving thin shells. In a large bowl, mash the pulp with sour cream. Stir in the bacon, 1/2 cup cheese, 1/4 cup chives, parsley, salt, pepper, eggs and sausage. Spoon into potato shells.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and chives. Serve with additional sour cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Egglands Best Twice-Baked Breakfast Potatoes in Eggland's Best 2015