Egglands Best New Orleans-Style Scalloped Corn Recipe
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 4 cups frozen corn
- 2 Eggland's Best® eggs
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 cups crushed reduced-fat butter-flavored crackers (about 30 crackers)
- 5 green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and pepper; cook and stir until tender. Add corn; heat through, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, milk, sugar, pepper sauce, thyme, salt and pepper; add to corn mixture. Stir in crushed crackers and green onions.
- Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forEgglands Best New Orleans-Style Scalloped Corn
"Took this recipe to a pot luck and everyone raved about how good it was. Very simple to make too!"
"To all remarking on the save feature - the heart is there to save it. However, I think there's now a limit to how many recipes you can save (even though Taste of Home has said there isn't) because I had OODLES of recipes saved in my recipe box and all but 11 of them have disappeared. I'm so disappointed by this because I've been saving beautiful recipes for many months and now they're gone."
"Where is the heart located to save the recipe? Sorry I don't see it! Oops - I finally see the heart on this recipe but it isn't always there on other recipes!"
"I can't save anymore either. Is there a limit to how many recipes you can save in the recipe box? Update: I see the "heart" to Save now! The layout has changed, it's actually easier! Thank you."
"You can save by clicking on the heart that says save."
"I can't save any anymore either"
"Why can't I save this to my recipe box?"