Egglands Best Buffalo Chicken Empanadas
Recipe provided Eggland's Best®
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
Makes8 dozen (1 cup sauce)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 4-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups finely chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Buffalo wing sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 sheets refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 large Egglands Best eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- In a small skillet, saute onion and green pepper in oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, mozzarella cheese, wing sauce, salt and pepper. Stir in the onion mixture.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll one pastry. Roll out into a 12-in. circle. Cut with a floured 3-in. biscuit cutter. Remove excess dough and reroll scraps. Repeat with remaining pastry.
- Beat eggs and water; brush over edges of pastry circles. Place heaping teaspoonfuls of filling in the centers. Fold dough over filling. Press edges with a fork to seal.
- Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Brush with remaining egg mixture. Bake at 400° for 9-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring cream to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Add blue cheese; cook and stir 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and sauce thickens. Serve with empanadas.
Originally published as BUFFALO CHICKEN EMPANADAS WITH BLUE CHEESE CREAM SAUCE in Eggland's Best Partner Recipes 2015-2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.