Eggland’s Best Chorizo & Eggs Ranchero
For a festive Mexican breakfast, we do chorizo and huevos rancheros. Add refried beans and cheddar, and serve everything in bowls made of tortillas. —Paul Williams, Fort Mohave, Arizona
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + cooling Cook: 10 min.
- 2 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup refried beans
- 4 ounces fresh chorizo
- 4 Eggland's Best large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup mild salsa
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°. Spritz both sides of tortillas with cooking spray. Press tortillas onto bottom and up sides of two 1-1/2-qt. ovenproof bowls. Bake until edges are just browned, 8-10 minutes. Cool 5 minutes; remove from bowls. Cool completely.
- Microwave beans, covered, on high until heated through, 1-2 minutes. Spread half in each tortilla bowl.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook and crumble chorizo over medium heat until cooked through, 4-6 minutes; spoon half in each tortilla bowl. Wipe out skillet. Add eggs; scramble, cooking until thickened and no liquid egg remains. Meanwhile, microwave salsa, covered, on high until heated through, 1 minute.
- Spoon egg mixture over beans; top with salsa. Sprinkle with cheese.
Originally published as Chorizo and Eggs Ranchero in Fall 2016 Cooking School Magazine