Tossed with a bright champagne vinegar dressing and topped with maple-chipotle bacon and sunny eggs, this is the ultimate brunch salad. But it's so delicious I'd gladly enjoy it any time of day! —Courtney Gaylord, Columbus, Indiana
Recommended: 20 Quinoa Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 bacon strips
- 1 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups spring mix salad greens (about 5 ounces)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place bacon on one half of a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. pan. Mix brown sugar and chipotle pepper; sprinkle evenly over bacon. Bake until bacon begins to shrink, about 10 minutes.
- Using tongs, move bacon to other half of pan. Add onion to bacon drippings, stirring to coat. Return to oven; bake until bacon is crisp, about 15 minutes. Drain on paper towels, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, sugar, pepper and reserved drippings. Coarsely chop bacon.
- Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Break eggs, one at a time, into pan. Reduce heat to low; cook eggs until desired doneness, turning after whites are set if desired. Sprinkle with salt.
- Toss greens with dressing; divide among four plates. Top with bacon, onion, cheese and eggs. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Egg-Topped Wilted Salad in Simple & Delicious June/July 2017
Reviews forEgg-Topped Wilted Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 30, 2017
"The brown sugar chipotle bacon is to die for!"