Egg-Topped Biscuit Waffles
Breakfast for dinner is hot stuff at our house. As a mom, I like transforming an ordinary breakfast sandwich into something magical and kid-friendly. —Amy Lents, Grand Forks, North Dakota
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 4 large eggs
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Cubed avocado and pico de gallo, optional
- Preheat a four-square waffle maker. Place baking mix, cheese and pepper in a bowl. Add milk; stir just until moistened. Transfer to a lightly floured surface; knead gently four to six times. Pat or roll dough into an 8-in. square; cut into four 4-in. squares.
- Generously grease top and bottom grids of waffle maker. Place one portion of dough on each section of waffle maker, pressing an indentation in each for eggs.
- Break an egg over each biscuit; sprinkle with bacon. Close lid carefully over eggs; bake according to manufacturer's directions until biscuits are golden brown. If desired, top with avocado and pico de gallo.
Editor's Note: Recipe may also be baked in a round waffle maker. Divide biscuit dough into four portions; pat each into a 4-1/2-in. circle. Assemble and cook one serving at a time.