Egg-Topped Avocado Toasts
We always have avocados on hand, so it's easy to make this quick breakfast toast for my husband and me. It's really tasty! —Kallee Krong-Mccreery, Escondido, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 slices multigrain bread, toasted
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 thin slices tomato
- 2 thin slices red onion
- 2 large eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Spread each slice of toast with butter; place on a plate. Top with avocado; mash gently with a fork. Top with tomato and onion.
- For each poached egg, place 1/2 cup water in a small microwave-safe bowl or glass measuring cup; break an egg into the water. Microwave, covered, on high 1 minute. Microwave in 10-second intervals until white is set and yolk begins to thicken; let stand 1 minute. Using a slotted spoon, place egg over sandwich.
- Sprinkle eggs with seasoned salt. Top with cheese and bacon.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 open-faced sandwich: 313 calories, 21g fat (7g saturated fat), 211mg cholesterol, 492mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 15g protein.
Originally published as Avocado Eggs Benni in Simple & Delicious April/May 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.