- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup sweet pickles, chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons horseradish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 12 slices white bread
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; stir in eggs.
- On six slices of bread, layer with 1/2 cup egg salad, lettuce and tomato slices if desired. Top with remaining bread slices. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forEgg Salad Sandwiches
"Made this just as the recipe stated. This is delicious! My husband has requested that I make it again. It will be my go to recipe for egg salad!"
"To Mrsroot, Daddycooks was referring to the review by [email protected], not to Mickelsen's review."
"I agree with Daddycooks! I'm getting tired of reviews like that. If the recipe sounds good to you, MAKE IT FIRST, and then tell us what you think. Otherwise keep those nasty comments to yourself. P.S. this recipe was very good."
"Awesome,I would add just a little jalapeno to give it a bite. Otherwise it was great."
"@ Daddycooks:I believe TOH specifically asks the questions "Tell us what you think of this recipe. Did you modify it? Would you make it again?"Therefore I believe mickelsen's comments were completely justified. Yours, however, are not."
"IT IS GREAT BUT--- FOR MY HUBBY I USE DILL PICKLES AND IT'S JUICE. SO i"
"I dont care for the sweet relish aI agree it overpowers the egg but it was still very good. Ill make it again but leave out the relish. Question though? If you dont like green peppers and horseradish why would you give this recipe a bad review and wright " yuck" Just dont make the recipe and keep your ignorant comments to yourself."