Egg Salad Pockets
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 3/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 3 pita breads (6 inches), halved
- 6 lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and Miracle Whip. Add the celery, onion, relish, dill weed, salt and mustard. Gently stir in eggs. Line pita halves with lettuce; fill each with 1/2 cup egg salad.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 497 calories, 27g fat (10g saturated fat), 462mg cholesterol, 1148mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 8, 2010
This is a great recipe! The cream cheese and dill make all the difference. Good to take to work for lunch.
Aug 12, 2010
I love to make this recipe and take it to work for the week. I left out the salt and increased the relish to 2-3 T and added a bit more dill. The dill really makes a difference.
Mar 17, 2010
Very good flavor, & the cream cheese makes this so creamy. The mustard even gave it a kick. Will definitely make this recipe again!