- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 3/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 3 pita breads (6 inches), halved
- 6 lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and Miracle Whip. Add the celery, onion, relish, dill weed, salt and mustard. Gently stir in eggs. Line pita halves with lettuce; fill each with 1/2 cup egg salad. Yield: 3 servings.
Reviews forEgg Salad Pockets
"This is a great recipe! The cream cheese and dill make all the difference. Good to take to work for lunch."
"I love to make this recipe and take it to work for the week. I left out the salt and increased the relish to 2-3 T and added a bit more dill. The dill really makes a difference."
"Very good flavor, & the cream cheese makes this so creamy. The mustard even gave it a kick. Will definitely make this recipe again!"