Egg Salad/Cucumber Sandwiches Recipe
"This is a tasty variation of the traditional egg salad sandwich," says Lucy Meyring of Walden, Colorado. "The cucumbers and onion add a refreshing crunch."
- 3 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, green pepper, mayonnaise, onion, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Spread on four slices of bread. Top with cucumber and lettuce. Top with remaining bread. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 310 calories, 17g fat (3g saturated fat), 164mg cholesterol, 493mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Egg Salad/Cucumber Sandwiches
Reviewed Sep. 28, 2009
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC