- 10 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 8 croissants, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve on lettuce-lined croissants. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forEgg Salad and Bacon Sandwich
"Making egg salad sandwiches for a light supper tonight; husband down with **flu**, and these sound good to him. Serving soup alongside. He generally has a hearty appetite and loves most everything. Am blessed with a man who is not **picky**. Growing up, my older brother was as picky as they come and my Mom had hard time satisfying him sometimes."
"I made this after Easter to use up Easter Eggs. I'm not really an Egg salad Fan, but I loved this version."
"I made these sandwiches for a Sunday School picnic, and they were a big hit! Will definitely make again!"
"Made these for 'supper' last night and are they ever delicious!! My husband was highly impressed. Had soup with them."