- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups shredded cabbage (about 1 small head)
- 2 large carrots, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 4 ounces rice noodles
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Additional soy sauce, optional
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; cook and crumble pork until browned, 4-6 minutes. Stir in soy sauce, garlic and seasonings. Add cabbage and carrots; cook 4-6 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Cook rice noodles according to package directions; drain and immediately add to pork mixture, tossing to combine. Sprinkle with green onions. If desired, serve with additional soy sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forEgg Roll Noodle Bowl
"Made this exactly as called for, and had a couple of problems. First, it would be way better to cook this in a wok rather than an ordinary skillet. Second, it was extremely dry; the addition of more soy sauce and more sesame oil -- about a tablespoon each -- was perfect. Will definitely make this again, and perhaps try it without the protein at all. Very quick and easy recipe."
"A good taste, but very dry. I'll try adding a little broth (chicken or vegetable)."
"We love this! I make it using shredded coleslaw rather than chop up a head of cabbage. We also use gluten free noodles and gluten free soy sauce so my 10 year old granddaughter with diet restrictions can eat it. (I tried using the angel hair type rice noodles and prefer it with a firmer noodle.) I added two slightly beaten eggs to the cooked pork and cabbage for a reason. Years ago I made egg rolls for Asian friends and they told me I forgot to add the egg. Adding the egg does not alter the taste of the egg roll noodle bowl ingredients."
"If I am allergic to soy, is there something I could substitute for it? I'd really like to try it!"
"This meal is AWESOME!! i make it once a month Def a Healthier version to springRolls"
"I have made this, but I added actual egg rolls that I deep fried and cut up into four pieces to it. Sooooo good!"
"This was great. So yummy. Kids liked it too which is always a plus. This recipe easy to make. I did you use extra soy sauce in mine. This recipe is 9 Weight Watchers Smart Points."
"This turned out great. We added to our cafeteria menu. It had a really great flavor."