- 1/2 cup cooked rice, room temperature
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lettuce leaves
- In a bowl, combine the rice, egg, celery and onion. In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, pickle relish, salt and pepper. Add to rice mixture and toss to coat. Transfer to two custard cups or a 1/2-cup mold. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Just before serving, unmold onto lettuce-lined plates. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forEgg Rice Salad
"I made this last month and lost the recipe. My husband and I really like it. I doubled it, otherwise, made just as stated. I didn't mold it, however. I will try it warm, too. It is a keeper for us!"