- 1/2 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, egg, celery and onion. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, pickle relish, salt and pepper. Add to rice mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to two custard cups or a 1/2-cup mold. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Just before serving, unmold onto lettuce-lined plates. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forEgg Rice Salad
"I made this last month and lost the recipe. My husband and I really like it. I doubled it, otherwise, made just as stated. I didn't mold it, however. I will try it warm, too. It is a keeper for us!"