Egg-Free Toffee Chip Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate English toffee bits
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the water, oil and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and toffee bits.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets; flatten with the bottom of a small glass. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 88 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 92mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 2, 2010
I made these cookies today. The taste is ok but more like a shortbread than a cookie. I used all ingredients as stated but the mixture was too dry. Added some water but still too dry. I do not think I will do them again.
Jan 24, 2010
Lovely buttery texture and light flavor. Big hit.
Dec 11, 2009
I used parchment paper as well, so being greasy was not a problem. These are so delicious, to make them a little more "Christmasy" I sprinkled colored sugar on them prior to baking. Loved Them!
Dec 7, 2009
Because there were no eggs involved, the grandkids got to taste the batter before they were cooked & loved them. They didn't last long after they were cooked either. These cookies were great & we didn't change a thing in the recipe.
Nov 30, 2009
Excellent crunchy cookie
Nov 19, 2009
Im very picky about cookies and when I made these and finally had the first bite I was in shock! DELICIOUS!!! ON MY FAVORITES LIST!! :)
Nov 19, 2009
Im very picky about cookies and when I made these and finally had the first bite I was in shock! DELICIOUS!!! ON MY FAVORITES LIST!
Nov 19, 2009
I was sceptical when I read this recipe, but it was so good. I was really surprised how they turned out consistently. My husband and daughter cleaned them right up both times. It's a keeper!!
Nov 15, 2009
Tried this recipe last weekend and they were very good. Recipe was a little much for two people so I froze part and when baked these came out very good. I would use this recipe again.
Nov 13, 2009
Made these cookies with regular chocolate chips and added some chopped walnuts. My husband loved them. I will definetly make the again!