Egg Foo Yung Breakfast
This recipe proves that "the most important meal of the day" doesn't have to be boring! Not only is this unique dish delicious, it adds a festive look to your breakfast table.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 package (3 ounces) Oriental-flavor ramen noodle soup mix with seasoning packet
- In a large bowl, combine rice, onion, soy sauce, parsley, sugar, salt and ginger; mix well. Stir in eggs and peas. Carefully shape mixture into four patties. In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Brown patties on both sides, about 5 minutes total. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, bring water, cornstarch and seasoning packet to a boil. Reduce heat to low; add noodles. Cook and stir for about 5 minutes. Serve over patties.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 271 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 114mg cholesterol, 906mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Egg Foo Yung Breakfast in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook