For a crunchy alternative to potato salad, try this well-dressed medley of cauliflower, peppers and celery. "Add a half cup of shredded carrots and chopped broccoli as well as a cup of peas for a colorful presentation," recommends Victoria Zmarzley-Hahn of Northampton, Pennsylvania.
Recommended: 31 Irresistible Veggie Sides
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups cauliflowerets
- 4 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup each chopped onion, green pepper and sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a serving bowl, combine the cauliflower, eggs, celery, onion and peppers. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add to cauliflower mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Egg Cauliflower Salad in Quick Cooking July/August 2003, p17