Egg Bake with Sausage Biscuits
When I want to treat my family to a delicious down-home breakfast, this is the recipe I rely on. Sausage biscuits are a perfect partner for the egg and cheese casserole.
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried basil, marjoram and thyme
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 hard-boiled large eggs, thinly sliced
- 1 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- SAUSAGE BISCUITS:
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 3/4 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll, cooked and crumbled
- In a large saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually whisk in milk and cream. Add the parsley, basil, marjoram and thyme. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; add cheese, stirring until melted.
- In a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish, layer a third of the egg slices, a third of the bacon and about 1 cup cheese sauce. Repeat layers twice. Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.
- In a bowl, combine biscuit mix and milk. Stir in sausage. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place 2-in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400°. for 13-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve with casserole.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 708 calories, 55g fat (26g saturated fat), 333mg cholesterol, 1330mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.