Egg and Spinach Side Dish
With four young children, I'm always on the lookout for fast and flavorful recipes. This speedy side dish is a nice complement to chicken or steak dinners.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 5 hard-boiled large eggs, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Spoon into a greased 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2-3 minutes or until bubbly and heated through.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested in an 1100-watt microwave. Reduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 490 calories, 49g fat (8g saturated fat), 199mg cholesterol, 594mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Egg and Spinach Side Dish in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.