Egg and Sausage Strata Recipe
- 12 slices white bread, crusts removed, cubed
- 1-1/2 pounds Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 jar (2 ounces) chopped pimientos, drained
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1. Line a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan with bread cubes; set aside. In a skillet, brown sausage with the onion and green pepper; drain. Stir in pimientos; sprinkle over bread. In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt, pepper and oregano. Pour over sausage mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Bake, covered, at 325° for 1 hour and 20 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 piece: 209 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 430mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Egg and Sausage Strata
"The flavorful layers are easy to make and it turned out perfect!!"
"Loved the recipe!! It's so easy to prepare!!"
"I am so glad I found this. I had the original recipe clipped from the magazine years and years ago. I couldn't find it and decided to look here and you guys still have it.This is very good, easy to make. I like the do ahead foods so I just have to pop them in the oven Christmas morning. Thanks Taste of Home for your archived recipes."
"omit peppers, pimiento, worchester sauce. Substitute 8 slices bread, crusts removed, 8 eggs, 1 1/2 cups milk, 1can cream of mushroom soup, 1/2 soup can milk. 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese. Layer meat mixture and cheese over bread slices several times until all used. Combine eggs, 1 1/2 c milk, mustard, salt & pepper; pour over layers in baking dish. Refrigerate over night.Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Combine soup, 1/2 can milk; pour over layers.bake 1 1/2 hours. Serves 6-8"