- 12 slices white bread, crusts removed, cubed
- 1-1/2 pounds Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 jar (2 ounces) chopped pimientos, drained
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Line a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan with bread cubes; set aside. In a skillet, brown sausage with the onion and green pepper; drain. Stir in pimientos; sprinkle over bread. In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt, pepper and oregano. Pour over sausage mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Bake, covered, at 325° for 1 hour and 20 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews forEgg and Sausage Strata
"The flavorful layers are easy to make and it turned out perfect!!"
"Loved the recipe!! It's so easy to prepare!!"
"I am so glad I found this. I had the original recipe clipped from the magazine years and years ago. I couldn't find it and decided to look here and you guys still have it.This is very good, easy to make. I like the do ahead foods so I just have to pop them in the oven Christmas morning. Thanks Taste of Home for your archived recipes."
"omit peppers, pimiento, worchester sauce. Substitute 8 slices bread, crusts removed, 8 eggs, 1 1/2 cups milk, 1can cream of mushroom soup, 1/2 soup can milk. 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese. Layer meat mixture and cheese over bread slices several times until all used. Combine eggs, 1 1/2 c milk, mustard, salt & pepper; pour over layers in baking dish. Refrigerate over night.Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Combine soup, 1/2 can milk; pour over layers.bake 1 1/2 hours. Serves 6-8"