Egg and Sausage Pockets
When I want to spice up my breakfast, I make these finger-licking, family-approved sausage sandwiches. They can be prepared quickly when I'm short on time. And it's a fun way to combine sausage and scrambled eggs.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 4 large or 8 small pita breads
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 6 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs, lightly beaten
- In a skillet, brown and crumble sausage until fully cooked. Meanwhile, cut pita breads in half widthwise; wrap in foil and warm in the oven. Drain fat from skillet; to sausage add onions, chili powder and eggs. Cook and stir gently over medium heat until eggs are set. Spoon into pita halves.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 339 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 329mg cholesterol, 538mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.
Originally published as Egg and Sausage Pockets in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.