Writes Ramona Bubb of Reedsville, Pennsylvania, “When we have friends stay overnight, I usually make this recipe and everyone enjoys it.” This hot and filling meal makes a great dinner, and is also a hearty way to start the day.
Recommended: 65 of Our Favorite Casserole Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 4 cups seasoned stuffing cubes, toasted
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain and set aside. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk, salt and mustard. Stir in the stuffing cubes, cheese and sausage mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Egg Casserole in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006, p14
Reviews forEgg and Sausage Casserole
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 23, 2013
"Savory flavor was good, but this came out quite dry."