When I want to deliver homey breakfast comfort, I turn sausage, eggs and hash browns into easy muffin-style cups. They’re winners for dinner, too. —Susan Stetzel, Gainesville, New York
Recommended: 21 Dishes with an Egg on Top
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 uncooked turkey breakfast sausage links (1 ounce each), casings removed
- 3 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 cup frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir sausage with green pepper and onion over medium heat until no longer pink, breaking sausage into small pieces. Stir in potatoes. Divide among four muffin cups coated with cooking spray.
- Whisk together milk, egg substitute, baking mix and pepper; pour into cups. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake until a knife inserted in center comes out clean, 13-15 minutes. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Egg & Hash Brown Breakfast Cups in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2017, p71