Effortless Broccoli Soup
This soup is easy to make, good and very good for you. Nice and thick, it easily serves as a meal for two. —Betty Vaughn, Elkhart, Indiana
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Sour cream, optional
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the broccoli, broth, garlic powder, pepper and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until broccoli is tender, 10-12 minutes. Cool slightly.
- In a blender, cover and process soup until smooth. Return to the pan and heat through. Garnish servings with sour cream if desired.