VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Sour cream, optional
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the broccoli, broth, garlic powder, pepper and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until broccoli is tender. Cool slightly.
- In a blender, cover and process soup until smooth. Return to the pan and heat through. Garnish servings with sour cream if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Effortless Broccoli Soup in Reminisce August/September 2011, p52
Reviews forEffortless Broccoli Soup
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 29, 2013