Eddie’s Favorite Fiesta Corn
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, chopped
- 5 cups fresh or frozen super sweet corn
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, finely chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles, optional
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings, reserving 1 tablespoon in pan.
- Add corn, red pepper and yellow pepper to drippings; cook and stir over medium-high heat 5-6 minutes or until tender. Stir in remaining ingredients until blended; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 8-10 minutes or until thickened.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 249 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 399mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 30, 2019
Yummy! This is my new favorite side dish! I basically halved the recipe and used 1 can of yellow corn and 1 can of white corn. Still very good without the fresh corn. Will make this again and again.
Oct 8, 2017
This recipe is fabulous!! I have been requested to make it at least a dozen times by friends and family, and I always get asked for the recipe. Normally I make it with chicken/cheese/onion enchiladas but recently I served it with grilled steak and our guests ate every bit of it. I find it is even better (if that is possible) if I make it a little earlier in the day and refrigerate it, and then reheat it just before serving. The flavors seem to meld together a little more that way. This recipe is definitely a keeper!
Sep 22, 2015
This recipe is so good and very creamy! The spice of the peppers and saltiness of the bacon really balance out the corn's sweetness. A perfect side to any southwest-inspired meal.
Sep 16, 2015
Made alongside the enchiladas recommended in TOH, and served leftovers alongside tamales. Very tasty!
Sep 16, 2015
Easy to make and good flavor. Could use some extra spice, but nice and creamy dish.
Sep 11, 2015