Ed’s Meat Loaves
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 2 hours + standing
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1-1/2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 5 pounds lean ground beef
- In a very large bowl, combine the first 14 ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Divide into thirds; shape into three loaves. Place on a rack in a large roasting pan.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours. Uncover; bake 45 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Jan 3, 2009
I wondered the same thing, re: "DO NOT use as romance... "What is that supposed to mean?
Nov 14, 2008
what does that mean?
Nov 7, 2008
From the current header:Reader partially cooks two and freezes them--DO NOT use as romance due to food safety issues!Waco Tango Foxtrot?