Eckrich® Sweet and Sour Sausage
—Taste of Home Cooking School
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 package Eckrich® Smoked Sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 medium carrots, diagonally sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Hot cooked rice
- Drain pineapple, reserving juices. Add enough cold water to juice to measure 1-1/2 cups. In a bowl, combine brown sugar and cornstarch. Gradually whisk in juice mixture until well blended. Stir in vinegar and soy sauce; set aside.
- In a large skillet, stir-fry sausage, carrots and pepper until carrots are crisp-tender, about 6 minutes. Stir juice mixture; stir into skillet.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in pineapple; cook until heated through, stirring occasionally. Serve with rice.
Originally published as Sweet and Sour Sausage in Taste of Home Holiday Recipe Card Collection 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.