Eat-Twice Chili Pizza Recipe
This homemade pie's mild kick and hearty toppings of ground beef, cheese, lettuce and sour cream make it a winner with everyone. —Zhee Zhee Aguirre, San Diego, California
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (16 ounces) mild chili beans, undrained
- 1 tablespoon A.1. steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1/2 cup marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Sour cream and shredded lettuce, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, green pepper and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, steak sauce, cumin, chili powder and pepper sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- 2. Place crust on an ungreased baking sheet; spread with marinara sauce. Top with half of the chili; sprinkle with cheeses and onions. (Save remaining chili for another use.)
- 3. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream and lettuce if desired. Yield: 1 pizza (8 slices) plus 2 cups leftover chili.
1 slice: 326 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 594mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Eat-Twice Chili Pizza
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC