Eat-Twice Chili Pizza
This homemade pie's mild kick and hearty toppings of ground beef, cheese, lettuce and sour cream make it a winner with everyone. —Zhee Zhee Aguirre, San Diego, California
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
Makes1 pizza (8 slices) plus 2 cups leftover chili
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (16 ounces) mild chili beans, undrained
- 1 tablespoon A.1. steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1/2 cup marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Sour cream and shredded lettuce, optional
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, green pepper and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, steak sauce, cumin, chili powder and pepper sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Place crust on an ungreased baking sheet; spread with marinara sauce. Top with half of the chili; sprinkle with cheeses and onions. (Save remaining chili for another use.)
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream and lettuce if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 326 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 594mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Beefy Chili Pizza in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2011