Eat One-Freeze One Meat Loaf
I COULD have called this recipe "Busy Lady's Meat Loaf". It's quick to prepare and you just thaw, heat and serve the second loaf. This is an original recipe. I enjoy creating my own. When our son was growing up, he'd ask, "Is this one of your originals or did it come from a cookbook?" —Bonnie Baumgardner Sylva, North Carolina
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup herb-seasoned stuffing mix, crushed
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- Additional ketchup, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into two loaves; place in an ungreased shallow baking pan.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes. If desired, top loaf with ketchup before serving. Cool and freeze the other loaf.
1 piece: 252 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 114mg cholesterol, 768mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein.
© 2019 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC