Easy Zucchini Lasagna Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 jars (24 ounces, one 14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 9 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 carton (5 ounces) shredded Asiago cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, tomatoes, basil, oregano, fennel and garlic. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 2. Spread 1-1/2 cups meat sauce in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with three noodles. Spread 1-1/2 cups sauce to edges of noodles. Top with half of the zucchini, 1/2 cup ricotta cheese and 1/2 cup Asiago cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles, sauce and Asiago cheese.
- 3. Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 485 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 1088mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 6g fiber), 33g protein.
Reviews for Easy Zucchini Lasagna
"In place of the lasagna noodles I used whole wheat rotini. I layered the pasta on just like you would lasagna noodles. It tasted great. And this recipe made a ton! I love the garlic flavor in it as well."