- 12 ounces uncooked ziti or small tube pasta
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 jar (28 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, ricotta cheese, 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Drain pasta; add to cheese mixture and stir until blended. Spoon a third of the meat sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; top with half of the pasta mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining meat sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forEasy Ziti Bake
"Delicious and easy to make. Next time I will add more meat sauce to make it more moist"
"Good base recipe. I used one pound of ground beef and added green pepper and onion with it. Also quite a bit of Italian seasoning and a little more spaghetti sauce. I actually found that it would could use some more noodles so next time will probably use a whole pound."
"I read some of the reviews before making it and added more sauce and some Italian seasoning to the to the cheese mixture. I also used ground chuck and ground pork. It was delicious. My family ordered that I make it again! It didn't layer like it said t would. I think it would be easier to mix everything together and pit it in the pan."
"I cut the noodles and beef amount in half and as I didn't have ziti or ricotta, I used macaroni and cottage cheese, but used the full amount of everything else. It is very good. It does make a lot, so will do leftovers tonite. Will definitely make again with the ziti and ricotta."
"Didn't change a thing. But, the pan was very heavy when I removed it from the hot oven, so next time I will use 2 8"x8" pans instead of 1 9"x13" pan. It would be perfect to eat one/freeze one for later. Makes a ton and none of it went to waste--so good!"
"This was exactly what I was looking for....something easy and flavorful. After reading the reviews I used 1 pound ground beef and 1 pound ground pork. I think that helped season it better. And I also added another half jar of pizza sauce that was left over. Just saucy enough! Would definitely make again!"
"I cut this in half, and it still made a large portion. I seasoned the ground beef very well, however, there is something lacking in this recipe,"
"I made this for my monthly bunco group. They all loved it. It was easy to put together and quite tasty. I did use a little more sauce then what was called for, not sure if it helped. I will definitely make this again. Thanks for sharing!"
"Very quick! The only I did was add a can of mushrooms. Never can add too many mushrooms when making food with Italy in the background. Also, next time I make it I would add more sauce. Probably a can of tomato sauce and another can of tomato of some kind."