Easy Waldorf and Raisin Salad
This appealing recipe puts a healthy spin on classic Waldorf salad. Crunchy apples, celery and pecans, juicy pineapples and chewy raisins are dressed with reduced-fat mayonnaise and sour cream. Janice Smith of Cynthiana, Kentucky suggests serving the salad in a lettuce-lined bowl.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 4 cups cubed apples
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons orange juice
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, sugar and orange juice. Pour over apple mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled. Toss just before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 147 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 0 sodium, 28g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 fat-free milk, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Easy Waldorf and Raisin Salad in Light & Tasty April/May 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.