Easy Veggie Salad
"While the meat is browning, I chop the vegetables for both the sandwich and the Easy Veggie Salad," she says. "If I'm especially short on time, I'll buy sliced vegetables from the salad bar at the grocery store. "The light, flavorful dressing whisks together in a snap and tastes better than bottled dressing. Since this recipe makes a lot, we can enjoy the salad the next day, too.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 small cucumber, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced radishes
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, cucumber, carrots, green pepper and radishes. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Serve with a slotted spoon. Refrigerate leftovers up to 2 days.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 83 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 322mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Easy Veggie Salad in Quick Cooking May/June 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.