Easy Vegetable Linguine
One-pot meals are a staple in my home and this is one of my favorites I have come up with. The bacon gives it a wonderful smokey flavor and is so delicious.—Mrs. Marie Herr, Berea, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup broccoli florets or cauliflowerets
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 ounces linguine, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup cherry tomato halves
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a skillet, brown bacon. Remove, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in pan. Saute broccoli or cauliflower, onion and mushrooms until crisp-tender, about 3-4 minutes. Add linguine, tomato and cooked bacon; mix lightly. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.
Originally published as Easy Vegetable Linguine in Country Woman January/February 1991
Feb 3, 2015
This is easy as the name states. I used the option of broccoli. The only change I made was to saute the veggies about ten minutes due to a personal preference of more cooked veggies.