Easy Vanilla Ice Cream
Three ingredients and an ice cream freezer are all you need for this creamy creation. "My husband is diabetic and we both love ice cream, so we came up with this recipe," Judy Vahs writes from her Marshall, Michigan home. "We top scoops with fresh fruit, nuts or cereal.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Process: 20 min. + freezing
- 2 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1 can (14 ounces) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- In a large bowl, whisk all ingredients until blended and thickened. Freeze in an ice cream freezer according to the manufacturer's directions.
- Transfer to a freezer container. Cover and freeze for 1 hour or until firm.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 196 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 264mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch.
Originally published as Basic Vanilla Diabetic Ice Cream in Light & Tasty June/July 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.