Easy Tropical Mandarin Chicken
I receive many compliments whenever I serve this salad. It's great to serve for brunch or at a shower. For those light meals during warmer weather, just add a roll, fresh fruit and iced tea for a delicious treat.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup seedless grapes, halved
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a medium bowl, combine first eight ingredients; mix well. Cover and chill for 1-2 hours. Fold in pecans just before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 687 calories, 52g fat (8g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 462mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 3g fiber), 33g protein.
Originally published as Mandarin Chicken Salad in Country April/May 1995
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.