- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 large apple, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup fat-free poppy seed salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine the salad greens, apple, almonds and cranberries. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forEasy Tossed Salad
"great color, taste and healthy"
"This has been a favorite for years; I really like the salad with Italian dressing, and fresh pineapple if I've got it."
"We do this salad regluarly...except I use cashews, pecans or walnuts instead of almonds and sometimes I add pear as well. I use Brianna's poppy seed dressing. But it's also really good with Girard's White Balsamic."
"Great salad! Also used regular dressing instead of fat free. They add sugar in the fat free foods and my son is diabetic so we try and stay low carb."
"I have made this and we love it. I have also carmelized pecans with sugar in a skillet instead of the almonds and have addedshredded cheese too."
"This sounds wonderful."
"Had this for Christmas Eve and it was a hit. Didn't use fat free just regular poppy seed dressing and romaine greens"